Sep 27, 2010

You Missed Out




That's right if you're reading this you probably missed out on the waves today. "But Mike I looked at the cam at 11 and it was blown out. Are you on crack?" No I'm not on crack. I too saw the same thing you saw but said screw it I'll go out and take pics of the meatballs trying to surf this junk. By the time I ate something and gathered up the camera stuff it was about 1pm when I got to the beach.

It felt like the ocean was straight falling out of the sky it was so windy and rainy. But all of a sudden as if someone flipped a switch the wind went straight off shore. Conditions went from terrible to excellent in 7 minutes.


I have the pictures to prove it(as you can see now). They will be up late tonight after I get out of work. Don't fret if you missed out. Waves will be hitting the beach all week with the biggest stuff pumping in late this week



Here are the pictures from Monday 9/27. Some of the photos look blurry/static but it is just the downpour rain I was experiencing. And if you have been keeping up with my posts all of these pictures were taken with my old lens.




no not static, just the ocean falling out of the sky. cool you can see the individual rain drops though

















Here is the last photo. Something to think about.

The photo on the left is from December 2009. The photo on the right is from September 2010. Power of the ocean. Silly humans.


The arrows point to the same rock in each photo. Look how much the dunes have been pushed back/destroyed in the second photo.

Cya out tomorrow morning.

Mike C

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment